These instructions are for Windows XP.
Installation under Windows 98/ME/2000 is similar, but not necessarily identical.
OSCOR USB drivers are made up of two (2) parts.
The procedure below may have to be duplicated for each device found. (REI USB Device & REI UART to USB Controller)
1. Connect the OSCOR USB cable to an available port on your PC
OSCOR does not need to be turned on for USB installation
2. The New Hardware Found Wizard should appear
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)"
then click the [Next >] button.
4. Select "Search for the best driver in these locations"
Check "Include this location in the search:"
Use the [Browse] button to find the USB folder
(Usually C:\Program Files\REI\OSCOR\USB,
unless you chose a different folder when you installed the software)
5. Click the [Next >] button.
6. The wizard should have found the software….
This dialog warns you that the driver has not been signed by Microsoft;
You're going to have to click the [Continue Anyway] button.
7. Click the [Finish] button to complete the installation.
At this point, you may run the Application: Program > OSCOR 5.0 > OSC5000E
Your OSCOR should appear in the bottom of the application as shown in the 5.0 Layout.